- Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Is the assessment supported by the subjective and objective information? Why or why not?
- What diagnostic tests would be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not?
Identify five possible conditions that may be considered as a
differential diagnosis for this patient. Explain your reasoning using at
least three different references from current evidence-based
In this Assessment 1 Assignment:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You will analyze an Episodic Note case study that describes abnormal findings in patients seen in a clinical setting.
You will consider what history should be collected from the patients,
as well as which physical exams and diagnostic tests should be
You will also formulate a differential diagnosis with several possible conditions.
Review the following Episodic note case study for this Assignment: See Below
Assessment of the Abdomen and
• CC: “My stomach hurts, I have diarrhea and nothing seems to help.”
• HPI: JR, 47 yo WM, complains of having generalized abdominal pain that started
3 days ago. He has not taken any medications because he did not know what to
take. He states the pain is a 5/10 today but has been as much as 9/10 when it
first started. He has been able to eat, with some nausea afterwards.
• PMH: HTN, Diabetes, hx of GI bleed 4 years ago
• Medications: Lisinopril 10mg, Amlodipine 5 mg, Metformin 1000mg, Lantus 10
• Allergies: NKDA
• FH: No hx of colon cancer, Father hx DMT2, HTN, Mother hx HTN,
• Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys)
• VS: Temp 99.8; BP 160/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 248lbs
• Heart: RRR, no murmurs
• Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical
• Skin: Intact without lesions, no urticaria
• Abd: soft, hyperactive bowel sounds, pos pain in the LLQ
• Diagnostics: None
• Left lower quadrant pain
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
ABDOMINAL ASSESSMENT was first posted on January 17, 2020 at 10:50 am.
©2019 “Assignment Hub”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at