Analysis Of Variance.
Scenario: Imagine that a psychologist working with veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder wants to compare the effectiveness of several therapies focused on reducing symptoms of anxiety. The psychologist randomly sampled 20 veterans who recently returned from combat and randomly assigned each of them to receive one of four interventions for 8 weeks. A survey was used to measure the participants’ anxiety at the end of the 8 weeks. Higher anxiety scores indicate more anxiety. You can find the data for this Assignment in the Weekly Data Set forum found on the course navigation menu.
By Day 7
To complete this Assignment, submit answers to the following. Use SPSS to compare the mean anxiety scores with a one-way ANOVA.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Before computing any analyses, state the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis in words (not formulas).
- Identify the factor and dependent variable.
- Name the levels of the factor.
- State the degrees of freedom between groups and explain how you calculated it by hand.
- State the degrees of freedom within groups and explain how you calculated it by hand.
- Identify the obtained F value using SPSS and report it in your answer document.
- Identify the p value using SPSS and report it in your answer document.
- Explain whether the F test is statistically significant. Explain how you know.
- Explain what the psychologist can conclude about the relationship between different types of therapy and anxiety.
- Should the psychologist conduct a post hoc test? Why or why not? If post hoc testing is needed, conduct a Tukey HSD post hoc analysis in SPSS. Explain what the results tell you.
Be sure to fully explain the rationale for your answer to each question, including evidence from the text and Learning Resources.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Analysis Of Variance appeared first on Psychology Homework.