answer the questions 3 sentences minimum each.
Help me study for my English class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Please avoid plagiarism. Please use simple words. Answer questions below. 3 sentences minimum.
Need ASAP. Thanks in advance!
DJCA 100: JOURNAL QUESTIONS PART I
**For each question, please answer in AT LEAST three (3) sentences**
**Please include the question AND answer for each entry**
**Please spellcheck and PROOFREAD – points will be deducted for careless errors.**
LANGSTON HUGHES (1938)
1. According to Langston Hughes, who should share the American Dream?
2. Why does Hughes state several times that “America was never America to me?
3. Rousseau says, “Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.” Does he seem to be referring literally to slaves or more figuratively to people in general? Explain.
4. What does Rousseau mean by the “Social Contract’?
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE (July 4, 1776)
5. Why was the Declaration of Independence created?
6. According to the Declaration of Independence, from what source should the government derive its power? What should be done if there is an abuse of power?
ABRAHAM LINCOLN: EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION (JAN 1, 1863)
7. President Lincoln chose not to endorse universal abolition in his Emancipation Proclamation. How was this a strategic decision as both a military commander and as a national leader?
8. Why did President Lincoln feel that it was politically necessary in a document that abolishes slavery in the rebel states to advise the slaves to remain peaceful and work where they were?
ABRAHAM LINCOLN: GETTSYBURG ADDRESS (NOV 19, 1863)
9. What does Lincoln mean when he refers to the soldiers not dying in vain?
10. President Lincoln redefined the Civil War not just as a war in support of the Union, but for “a new birth of freedom.” What did he mean by that phrase?
ALEXIS DE TOCQUEVILLE (1835)
11. Why was de Tocqueville so fascinated with political and social associations in 1830s America? Give an example of associations that provide services to citizens that the government does not provide (i.e. an organization to which you or your family members belong).
12. According to de Tocqueville, what would happen if the government tried to take over the functions handled by associations?
HENRY DAVID THOREAU (1849)
13. What is civil disobedience?
14. Is it legally and morally correct to participate in civil disobedience if you feel a law is unjust?
W.E.B. DuBois (1903)
15. What is the NAACP? What was the name of the NAACP magazine that Du Bois edited?
16. What does Du Bois mean when he states, “the problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color line?”
PLESSY v. FERGUSON (1896)
17. What does the legal doctrine “separate but equal” meanaccording to the case Plessy v. Ferguson?
BROWN v. BOARD OF EDUCATION (1954)
18. What ruling was established by the United States Supreme Court in Brown v. Board of Education?