Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory.
Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory
While cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) have many similarities, they are distinctly different therapeutic approaches. When assessing clients and selecting one of these therapies, you must recognize the importance of not only selecting the one that is best for the client, but also the approach that most aligns to your own skill set. For this Assignment, as you examine the similarities and differences between CBT and REBT, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your clients.
Learning Objectives Students will: • Compare cognitive behavioral therapy and rational emotive behavioral therapy • Recommend cognitive behavioral therapies for clients
To prepare: • Review the media in this week’s Learning Resources. • Reflect on the various forms of cognitive behavioral therapy.
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
• Briefly describe how cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) are similar.
• Explain at least three differences between CBT and REBT. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a mental health counselor.
• Explain which version of cognitive behavioral therapy you might use with clients and why. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Note: This paper must include an introduction, summary, and references.
(1) Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company. • Chapter 8, “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy” (pp. 313–346)
(2)American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
(1) Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2013). Counseling and psychotherapy theories in context and practice [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
(2) Beck, A. (1994). Aaron Beck on cognitive therapy [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net. Eysenck, H. (n.d.). Hans Eysenck on behavior therapy [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The post Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.