COM335 Foundations of strategic communication.
I’m trying to study for my Communications course and I need some help to understand this question.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Collect several copies of an organization’s internal newsletter, newspaper, or magazine. Critique these publications from two perspectives:
- First, do content analysis. Given what you have read about what concerns employees and the organizational purpose of such publications, how does this publication measure up?
- Second, given the design guidelines in the chapter, how does the publication measure up? What changes would you recommend?
This should be formatted as a professional email to the organization’s public relations/ marketing communication department (i.e., the department identified as the author). Use at least 2 credible sources to support your assertions.
Construct your email in a document for submission of the assignment. Your email should be no longer than 4 pages (excluding cover sheet and references).
Strong responses will:
- Follow the formatting guidelines established in your text
- Be analytic and not merely descriptive
- Incorporate concrete examples from the publication(s)
- Base your critique on credible research. Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of two (2) scholarly articles – one (1) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but one (1) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.
- Attach or include links to any publications you critique in an appendix.
Textbook for class is: Wilcox, D. L., & Reber, B. H. (2013). Public relations writing and media techniques (7th ed.). Boston: Pearson Education.