I’m trying to study for my Communications course and I need some help to understand this question.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this week’s challenge, you’re going to meet someone new. It should be someone you have not ever met before. You can absolutely meet virtually. It can be someone in this class.
Be safe in your meeting. Plan ahead. Meet in a public place, during the day, etc.
Set aside at least a half-hour to have a conversation with them. If you like, you can select questions from below to get you started (adapted from “36 Questions to Make you Fall in Love”):
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
- If you could change anything about how you were raised, what would it be?
- Alternate sharing something you consider a weakness about yourself.
- Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic about your other.
- If you were a character in a movie and the opening scene is an image of you doing something all alone with nobody watching that is supposed to give us a glimpse into the real you, what would we see? (You can do a montage of scenes if one doesn’t seem to capture it all.)
- Make three true “we” statements each. For example, “We are both in this room feeling …”
- If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
- If you were to die this evening with no chance to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
- Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how they might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
Step 1: If you’re going to find a classmate, PLEASE do so through the “Search for Teammates” Function on Piazza. PLEASE DO NOT post to the main Q&A section for this. HERE is a screenshot of what the Search for Teammates looks like on Piazza (your view may be slightly different).
Step 2: Set up a time/space to meet your classmate(s)/new person and MEET!
Step 3: Reflect on all you have learned about them.
Step 4: Take a selfie or screenshot (if meeting virtually) of the two of you.
Step 5: Complete your challenge write-up by answering the challenge prompt (noted below) with an organized essay response (i.e. introduction, main points, conclusion) rather than simply just answering the questions. Be sure your response is thorough and connects to the learning materials (please see rubric for grading details).
Responses should be:
- about 1- to 2-pages, single-spaced (quality is more important than quantity), PDF or Word Document submission (please make sure you can “see” it before walking away from the submission
- Times New Roman font (12 or 11), with 1-inch margins all around
- no header is necessary (i.e. name, challenge #, class, etc.) since Canvas records all of this for you
- INCLUDE a PICTURE (this will add to your page count, that is ok) – Help? How to insert pictures to Word document. HERE.
Describe your experience with this challenge. Your write-up does not need to be organized according to the order the questions are listed.
Where did you meet? Why? What did you talk about? What did you say? Please be sure to provide details and context.
What do you now know about this person? Did you like them or not (will remain confidential)? Why or why not? Do you think you will meet-up again? Study together?
What was difficult/easy about meeting a new person? What were you feeling? How do you think they were feeling?